Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea, LIVE: Follow the all-English Super Cup showdown in Istanbul as it happens
- Olivier Giroud slotted home to give Chelsea deserved first half lead
- Liverpool starting XI: Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Fabinho, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Mane
- Liverpool subs: Lonergan, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster, Origi, Hoever, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Kelleher
- Chelsea starting XI: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Emerson Palmieri, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Pulisic, Giroud, Pedro
- Chelsea subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Barkley, Abraham, Willian, Kenedy, Mount, Zappacosta, Batshuayi, Tomori, Gilmour
- Liverpool and Chelsea hoping to win their second European trophy this year
As European champions, the Reds return to Istanbul looking for another glorious evening having previously won the Champions League in the city in 2005.
Frank Lampard’s side however travel as holders of the Europa League and will be hoping to use the game to bounce back from their 4-0 defeat at Manchester United in their Premier League opener on Sunday. Kick-off from Vodafone Park is at 8pm BST.