STRICTLY Come Dancing will be returning to our screens in just a couple of weeks and with it comes a whole new batch of celebrities ready to take to the dancefloor.
But who is being tipped already to scoop the coveted Glitterball trophy? Here are the latest odds.
Who will win Strictly 2019?
The BBC has revealed their star line-up for the next series of Strictly – and with it comes the bookies’ predictions of who will win.
Here are the latest odds (supplied by Coral):
- Alex Scott – 5/1 Alex is a British former football player, commonly playing as a right-back for Arsenal in the FA WSL. For the English national team, she made an astounding 140 appearances and famously represented Great Britain at the London Olympics in 2012.
- Saffron Barker – 7/1 As of 2019, Saffron has over two million subscribers to her YouTube channel, with her videos mostly focusing on beauty, fashion, lifestyle and music. Saffron previously formed a girlband called Born2Blush with two childhood friends, starting their own YouTube channel in 2014.
- Catherine Tyldesley – 8/1 Corrie actress Catherine, 35, is getting ready to don her dancing shoes. Catherine played the role of Eva Price in Coronation Street from May 2011 to July 2018. The talented star is also a singer a busy mum-of-one.
- Karim Zeroual – 8/1 Karim, 19, is an actor and children’s TV presenter, who you’d probably be familiar with you watch the CBBC Channel on a regular basis. Time will tell whether Karim has got what it takes to be crowned the show’s champion by the end of the 17th season.
- Jamie Laing – 10/1 Jamie, 31, is one of the reality stars set to take the competition by storm this year. He’s more or less known to be a Made in Chelsea veteran, having appeared not just on the original show but also every single spin-off, including New York, LA and South of France.
- Dev Griffin – 12/1 34-year-old Dev will juggle his radio presenting career on BBC Radio 1 while rehearsing for Strictly. Following the announcement of his involvement, it appeared fans were pleased with the news given that he’s built a solid fan group with his weekend afternoon radio show.
- Emma Barton – 12/1 Emma, 42, who is best known for her role as Honey Mitchell in the BBC One soap EastEnders, said she was “over the moon” when she got the call. The actress has stage experience, having played lead role Roxie Hart in the musical Chicago in 2009 during her six year break from the soap.
- David James – 14/1 Retired goalkeeper David, 48, revealed former Olympic swimmer Mark Foster encouraged him to take part after years of declining offers. The football star played for clubs including Liverpool, West Ham and Man City over a 26 year career.
- Chris Ramsey – 16/1 Chris, 32, is a regular on stand-up and panel shows as well as hosts his own comedy show. In 2016 he presented I’m A Celebrity spin off Extra Camp alongside Joe Swash, Vicky Pattison and Stacey Solomon.
- James Cracknell – 16/1 James, 47, hopes to take the competition by storm in the forthcoming series. He’s a British athlete and a nationwide rowing champion with several Olympic gold medals under his belt. We’ll have to wait and see how he performs on the show when the season 17 kicks off next month.
- Michelle Visage – 16/1 RuPaul’s Drag Race star Michelle said she was “over the moon” to be on Strictly. The former pop singer, 50, has become an LGBT icon after eight years on the outrageous drag queen competition — which has a cult following amongst millennials.
- Emma Thynn – 18/1 Emma is an English chef, model and philanthropist, who is a brand ambassador for Fiorucci. She is married to Cawlin Thynn, the son of Ale xander Thynn, 7th Marquess of Bath and is a contributing editor of British Vogue.
- Anneka Rice – 20/1 Anneka, is a well loved TV star who is best known for Treasure Hunt back in the 80s (and of course her famous bottom) Speaking about joining Strictly she said: “Oh the stress of being the last person. Even though it’s been in the papers for weeks, because I haven’t told anyone, not even my family.”
- Will Bayley – 20/1 It was revealed on Julia Hartley-Brewer’s talkRADIO breakfast show that Paralympic table tennis player Will is joining Strictly. Will has an impressive record and is ranked world number 1 in his field. He was born with arthrogryposis which affects all four of his limbs
- Mike Bushell – 22/1 BBC Breakfast’s Mike is “thrilled” to be taking part in Strictly. The news was confirmed on the morning show after The Sun previously revealed that sports presenter Mike, 53, who is notorious for making cock-ups live on TV, will be taking part.
When can I watch Strictly Come Dancing 2019 on BBC One?
Strictly Come Dancing is returning for its 17th series on BBC One in 2019.
It kicks off with the red carpet launch on Monday, August 26, 2019.
The series premiere will follow shortly after, but a date is yet to be confirmed.
The main show will air live on Saturday evenings with the results the following day on Sundays.