Gareth Bale dealt fresh snub by Zinedine Zidane over Real Madrid future

Posted on


Gareth Bale has been dealt a fresh snub by Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane.

Bale looked certain to leave Real for China this summer before the plug was pulled on his move to Jiangsu Suning.

The Welshman missed the trip to Germany for the Audi Cup as he was furious with the treatment at the hands of Zidane.

And he has now been left out of the Real squad for their pre-season friendly with RB Salzburg.

Bale’s future at the Bernabeu has been uncertain since Zidane returned to manage Real for a second time in March.

Gareth Bale of Real Madrid looks on

Bale and Zidane did not get on during the Frenchman’s first spell between 2016 and 2018.

And Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett said last month: “It’s simple, Zidane doesn’t like Gareth.

“There’s no relationship between them. There never has been.”

Bale, 30, who signed from Tottenham in 2013 for a then-world record fee of £85million, has three years left on his Real contract.

Zinedine Zidane and Gareth Bale

With the Premier League transfer window closing at 5pm on Thursday there would appear little scope for Bale to return to England at this moment.

ALSO READ :  John Barnes says Raheem Sterling is one of society's most influential people

But the transfer window in Spain is open until September 2 and Bale could still leave Real in the next few weeks.

The future of James Rodriguez, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at Bayern Munich, is also uncertain as the Colombia playmaker was left out of Real’s 20-man squad for Wednesday’s game in Austria.





Source link

Recommended for you