STRICTLY Come Dancing fans are waiting patiently for the upcoming seventeenth series to start, as Samba Saturdays certainly aren’t the same without the show on our telly screens.
Here’s what we know so far about Britain’s favourite dancing competition.
When does Strictly Come Dancing 2019 start?
Strictly Come Dancing is returning for its 17th series on BBC One in 2019.
It kicks off with the red carpet launch on Monday, August 26, 2019.
The series premiere will follow shortly after, but a date is yet to be confirmed.
The main show will air live on Saturday evenings with the results the following day on Sundays.
Which stars have been confirmed so far for Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
So far we have four confirmed celebrities.
The star line-up includes:
- Mike Bushell – Mike, 53 is a BBC Breakfast sports presenter known for his on-air gaffs.
- Catherine Tyldesley – Catherine, 35 is a former Coronation Street actress.
- Saffron Barker – Saffron is a 19-year-old YouTube star from Brighton.
- Emma Barton – Emma, 42, is best known for her role as Honey Mitchell in EastEnders.
- Chris Ramsey – Chris, 32, is a regular on stand up and panel shows as well as hosting his own comedy show.
- David James – The football star, 49, played for clubs including Liverpool, West Ham and Man City over a 26 year career.
- Karim Zeroual – The 19-year-old is a children’s TV presenter but began his career as an actor.
Who is hosting Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
And the evening show It Takes Two will also be back.