Satisfy your craving for crafting with this awesome selection of easy and creative DIY Christmas ornaments sure to make your Christmas tree stand out this year!
In this article:
- Let It Snow – Scrabble Tile Ornament
- Mason Jar Lid Tree Ornaments
- Kate Spade-Inspired DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Hot Cocoa Mix DIY Ornaments
- Melted Crayon DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Glitter Twine Ball Ornament
- Pen & Ink Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments
- Scrap Ribbon Tree DIY Ornament
- Clothespin Snowflakes | Handmade Ornament
- DIY Glitter Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Grinch DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Natural-Looking DIY Glass Ornament
- Simple DIY Fingerprint Snowman Ornament
DIY Christmas Ornaments to Decorate Your Tree With
1. Let It Snow – Scrabble Tile Ornament
Scrabble tiles take on new life in this simple and adorable DIY Christmas decor. If you love Scrabble tiles, then this ornament is perfect for you.
2. Mason Jar Lid Tree Ornaments
Just another reason to love mason jars! All you need is a glue gun, some fabric scraps, and some mason jar lids.
And in just a few minutes, you’ll have some fantastic mason jar lid ornaments for your tree.
3. Kate Spade-Inspired DIY Christmas Ornaments
All you need is gold glitter spray paint and tape and you’re pretty much set. These DIY Christmas decorations would look so lovely on your Christmas tree.
They even make a wonderful gift for your friends!
4. Hot Cocoa Mix DIY Ornaments
Thrifty, easy, and delicious? I’m in love!
These DIY Christmas ornaments are a perfect gift for anyone who adores chocolate. And once the hot chocolate is consumed, the receiver is left with a cute little ornament.
5. Melted Crayon DIY Christmas Ornaments
Apparently, crayons make a festive decor. Want colorful and functional creations? Let your kids fill the ornaments with crayon colors they want, while you do the melting process.
6. Glitter Twine Ball Ornament
There’s something so lovely about the simplest of materials: twine. Add some “rustic glam” to your tree with these glitter twine ball ornaments. Make a bunch and gift some to your friends, too!
7. Pen & Ink Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments
Love the rustic look? You can write different messages you want or perhaps draw a picture on it.
The possibilities are endless with these DIY Christmas crafts! A set of these would make such an awesome gift!
8. Scrap Ribbon Tree DIY Ornament
A great way to upcycle scrap ribbon, and surprisingly, teach your young ones how to tie their shoes. This scrap ribbon tree ornament is gorgeously rustic, simple, and practically easy to make.
They sure look pretty cute dangling from the Christmas tree.
9. Clothespin Snowflakes | Handmade Ornament
These gorgeous “snowflakes” are actually 8 clothespins hot glue-gunned together and then painted with Minwax Early American Wood Stain. Clever and amazingly fabulous!
10. DIY Glitter Christmas Tree Ornaments
Learn how to make these eye-catching sparkly tree adornments and see how beautiful your tree becomes! These DIY Christmas ornaments are super easy to make, you can even let the kids join in on the fun.
11. Grinch DIY Christmas Ornaments
Grinchtastic! Anyone can do this craft project inexpensively and they’re super simple to make.
Tip: the sky’s the limit when decorating clear ornaments.
If you want to make a specific character, gather materials that make sense and go for it!
12. Natural-Looking DIY Glass Ornament
Another great idea for decorating clear glass Christmas tree ornaments! All you need is some holly, wooden alphabet beads, white confetti or paper, and you’re set!
13. Simple DIY Fingerprint Snowman Ornament
A perfect DIY project for you and your little ones! These simple DIY fingerprint snowman ornaments add cheerful and festive holiday trimmings to your Christmas tree.
Watch this DIY Christmas ornament crafts from HGTV Handmade:
These DIY Christmas ornaments are enough to get any crafter busy until Christmas. Homemade Christmas ornaments really add a special touch to every tree and the rest of your Christmas decorations.
So, start making your DIY Christmas decor and handmade gifts today to make this year extra special. Time to get your craft on!
Which DIY Christmas ornaments are you going to get started on? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 400+ Best DIY Christmas Projects You Should Make This Year
- 15 Simple Christmas Decorations | Easy DIY Christmas Decorations
- Washi Tape Ideas | 100 Creative Ways To Use Washi Tape
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 30, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.